Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sceince of Getting Rich


Those that have been viewing my blog the last few days will have noticed I have been talking a great deal about a man named Wallace D. Wattles.

Actually my fascination with his work began over a year ago when I was trying to find a way to escape the snowball of financial problems in my life so I could honestly live my life as an artist and still make enough on my God given talents to live on. So I bought "The Science of Getting Rich" audio book on ITunes. I never finished the whole thing but I have been revisiting it cause there is a lot of wisdom in the writings of this man.

With the hard times our nation is having these days I think it is becoming more and more important to invest our time in our local communities and not to mention creating financial stability in our life. Personally, the best way to do that is to stop relying on a big company that could lay off at anytime all over the US and to rely on our own abilities and talents to have a stable financial life. I never understood a person that could work 14 - 40 years in a job they hated because it paid well but not being aware of the fact you could get laid off at any time. I mean face it. People can't work on jobs for that long anymore. If you start making to much money they let you go for a younger person that will work for less and do the same job much faster and has a college degree.

Even in the animation industry they would rather bring in a college intern to work for free than pay a 40 year veteran what he is truly worth. Our society has reached a point where quantity is much more important than quality. They bombard the American people with as much crap as they can and eventually some of them will buy your crap and they get paid.

Even the comics industry right now seems to have that mentality. I have talked to many people in shops that feel they are being bombarded with merchandise that isn't exactly flying off the store shelves.

I think there is a better way to approach living in this economy and being successful and the key is investing more in our local companies and helping them grow so they can pump money back into the pockets of our towns and neighborhoods.

But enough about that.

These little guide books are a good investment for someone that is depressed about there living situation. You can find the books online for free just by searching on Google and Wiki. If you want to own it you can literally get a copy for 3 bucks on Amazon. Heck if you find any of the books from his series give it a read and tell me what you think. In the mean time if you drop by I will be sharing a quote from time to time. Here is the opening to Chapter 1 in the Science of being rich. Please enjoy. (P.S. I am not a money crazy hungry person. I just want to live comfortably and everyone deserves that)

CHAPTER 1: The Right To Be Rich
WHATEVER MAY BE SAID IN PRAISE OF POVERTY, the fact remains that it is not possible to live a really complete or successful life unless one is rich. No one can rise to his greatest possible height in talent or soul development unless he has plenty of money, for to unfold the soul and to develop talent he must have many things to use, and he cannot have these things unless he has money to buy them with. A person develops in mind, soul, and body by making use of things, and society is so organized that man must have money in order to become the possessor of things. Therefore, the basis of all advancement must be the science of getting rich. The object of all life is development, and everything that lives have an inalienable right to all the development it is capable of attaining.


God Bless,
Arie

Arie's Sketch Dump