Friday, September 23, 2011

Vitamin C a miricle vitamin?

So I watched this movie called Food Matters and they were talking about the use of vitamin c to treat illness and I found it really intriging. One of the things that really got my attention was the mention that Vitamin C could very possibly treat and alleviate arthritis. i wasn't thinking about this for myself but actually for my mom that comolainss a great deal about being in a lot of pain.

So I decided I wanted to test out the theory. I told her about it and she went out and bought a 500 count bottle and is taking like 6000 mg a day. she said literally the day after she started taking it that her pain was virtually gone.

According to http://www.foodmatters.tv vitamin c has in fact been known to cure or treat the following health issues:

Pneumonia
Encephalitis
Herpes Zoster (shingles)
Herpes Simplex
Mononucleosis
Pancreatitis
Hepatitis
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
Bladder Infection
Alcoholism
Arthritis
Some Cancers
Leukemia
Atherosclerosis
Ruptured Intervertebral Disc
High Cholesterol
Corneal Ulcer
Diabetes
Glaucoma
Schizophrenia
Burns and secondary infections
Heat Stroke
Radiation Burns
Heavy Metal Poisoning (Mercury, Lead)
Venomous Bites (insects, snakes)
Multiple Sclerosis
Chronic Fatigue
Complications of Surgery

I think it is crazy cause there are some major chronic diseases on this list including diabetes and alcoholism. And if you have Mercury filling in your mouth which anyone that has ever had a cavity filled has a mercury filling. Then I can probably help to improve any mercury poisoning that might possibly come from your teeth over time.

Anyway, so I figure if it is non toxic and you can literally take as much as you want why not give it a try.

Arie's Sketch Dump