Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Balance and New earrings!!




I made some new earrings and stuff and I listed some art work in Ebay. Check it out here.

http://shop.ebay.com/drawlikecrazy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Anyway, I think something very important in this freelance world is building a balance between work and free time. Sometimes i find myself wanting to work till something is done and not having free time so it leaves me with no personal life. I even cancel on my friends because of projects.

I remember watching one of Steven Silvers Video Pod casts and he was talking about how important his personal time is. He wants to be able to play some halo and eat dinner with the family and all those things. I keep wondering how he does it though because I find myself not only feeling guilty but sometimes regretting taking that little extra time to chill because I feel like I could be getting work done.

I could be loosing crucial time. Of course, then I have occasions where I hit a wall and feel like, oh god I need a day off, and of course I take one but I will still find myself thinking about drawing in the back of my mind. So there is still a need for balance.

One of the things I thought about doing was making a goal schedule for things I wanted to complete in a work day to I could have time where it I am not focusing on work so much once I hit those goals I am can chill till the next day, but I have to stay within those limits.

I think it is easy to get overwhelmed and end up not sleeping for days as you scramble to hit that deadline because you miss calculated your time.

Now if only I could find away to eliminate interruptions. That is a huge obstacle for me. I simple day out to pick up some art supply has, on more than one occasion, turned into a all day fight with time because I had a flat tire or a family member got locked out there house.

I guess that is just how it goes. The art world is a battle field sometimes.

God Bless,

~Arie

Arie's Sketch Dump