Thursday, January 24, 2013

Out and about in LA: Visiting the Little Tokyo

This is my second time in little Tokyo. This time i went to Kinokuniya bookstore. Originally I was supposed to meet up with 3 other artists for a little meet and greet and maybe some drawing time.  Things didn't work out that way though. Only one person showed up. One person over slept and the other was forced to sit by the phone and wait on a call for a job.

None the less it was a fun little excursion. Only stayed for about an hour then grabbed lunch and headed home. They had a nice wide selection art books, Manga, and even artist drawing materials.  I however, don't remember the Kinokuniya in NYC being this expensive. Maybe when I actually have some cash I will buy something. In the mean time check out some of the pictures.

Being there was a weird experience. I have loved and enjoyed anime a long time but I felt a bit overwhelmed by all the material they had there. I over the years have given anime a bit of a back seat cause I wasn't seeing a huge variety books that were rocking my world.  

~Arie

                                                    I like these marvel anime characters!
               One of the friends I was with turned me on to Tiger & Bunny. Gotta check out the anime.
                                                       Smallest color pencils I ever seen!!
                                                   More manga than I have seen in a while.

                           I thought this book was hella cool! I kinda wanted it but it was like $45.
                                                                  CUTE!!! So Kawaii!
Thats all folks now Go the f*ck To sleep. lol You should look youtube and check out the audio of this book read by Samuel L. Jackson.



Arie's Sketch Dump