Monday, September 7, 2009

You Get What You Give



My finished Boba Fett

I sometimes think that people forget how the things they do and say directly affect others. Either that or they get where they just don't care or they are bitter.

I stopped by my friend Darryl's house to day and spent some time with him and his wife. Both of them just welcomed me into there home and man talk about an impressive portfolio. I person could swim through the volumes and volumes of art work that Darryl creates. I felt like man I don't draw enough at all. It was so inspiring.

He told me Arie, on my Birthday I don't like to get gifts I like to give gifts, because I have been so blessed in my life that I don't want people to do for me I want to do for them. So on his birthday he said he had food brought in for all his co workers and fed them cause he wanted to celebrate the blessings they allowed him to have.

He told me Arie if you need anything; draw me something and I will take care of you. So I have me this huge stack of water color paper. Like really good water color paper, better than some of the stuff you get at art stores and now I will not need to buy anything for a very long time. I will use it for painting and sketch cards!

Art as Currency!

Anyway he and his wife are very loving and giving people. They show a great example of how when you give of yourself you get back ten fold. He works a full time job and he still gets to draw 8 hrs a day cause people want to give support to him being able to share what he loves with others.

God keeps showing me the wonders of his love. I have been trying to get Mandy reference for sketch cards for the longest and he handed me 2 Mandy books. I find the stronger my relationship becomes with God the more he does for me. I wanted a place where I could go to sell my artwork in the public and the Art Flea Market appeared.

God provides when you ask and when you give back to him he gives to you.

I will always try to do good for others no matter how much bad they do to me.

God Bless,
Arie

Arie's Sketch Dump