Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are You Passionate?


I have been questioning myself about what I am passionate about these days. How much do I really love art? Even more importantly how much of myself am I really putting into my work? Am I striving to be the best or am I striving to communicate who I am with my art? Which one is most important? Are the both important?

Ask yourself today, what do you spend most of your time doing and do you really love it or are you just trying to make it through another day. They say passion in your work is what truly opens doors. Are you passionate?

“If you are called to be a street sweeper, sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” ~ Martin Luther King

“I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.” ~ Martin Luther King

Arie's Sketch Dump