Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting Things Together



So one of the other things I did over the weekend was I went to Lowes and I bought some PVC Pipe. I think it cost me all of $15 bucks to get the supplies for it and I used my business account. I looked everywhere online for a tutorial on how to build a PVC Pipe Display and was unable to find one so I decided that I will just figure it out along the way and I will take pictures as I go along and show you guys how I am going to do this.

This display will be used at my convention to show my prints and posters. It is easier to get attention to your table if you have your art work nicely displayed. You'll have a cool tutorial to look forward to in a few days or so. I will keep you posted.

On the other end of things, I am anticipating my coming last few days of work so this weekend I am starting back on commissions. As an added bonus, I went to hang out with some friends at Latte Land and we all worked on our individual illustration projects or drew for fun for most of the day. They were there all day but I was there from like 1 - 5 p.m.

The group is called Drawing Frenzy and we get together and have a good time but we have to be working on something. We can't just sit around and talk about nothing. So that is even cooler because I can focus a bit. I completed the sketches for 2 Princess Leia cards that were commissioned from me and I will be coloring these soon as well. You can see one now and I will share the other one later on.

So before I go, here are a couple of pics from Drawing Frenzy. If you are in the Kansas City Area you should come out and draw. We do this every Sunday starting at 11:00 A.M.








God bless,
Arie

Arie's Sketch Dump