Friday, January 11, 2013

My Career in Animation: Catching up on Christmas part 2



Even though I worked all the way through the holiday I was blessed to get Christmas Eve off work. I sent that time with my mentor Dan Haskett and his wonderful wife Karen Haskett. LOL I got a carrot for Christmas! It was nice to be welcomed in someones home for the holiday while missing my family back in KC. At least I didnt have to spend Christmas Eve alone or at work.

I never really had any strong male figures in my life so I would say he is the closest to a father I ever experienced. Plus he is a pretty amazing artist and animator. Little fact no body knows, Dan Haskett is the original designer of Ariel from the Little Mermaid and Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

If you dont believe me look it up your self. *wink*

The other awesome person that joined us that evening is my roommate Tiana. She is a very driven and amazing artist, as well. She has done a lot of pro work herself having worked at a animation studio in NYC. She has a great demo reel you should check it out:

Arie's Sketch Dump